Cash For Houses in Houston TX and we mean it. We are local house buyers in Houston that offer cash for houses in Houston TX. If you need to sell your house in Houston TX without having to use an agent and pay agent commissions then you can always sell to Houston home buyers like us. Contact reliable home buyers like Sunrise House Buyers TX. Give us a call at 281-306-5191 or fill out our form on our website.
Are you thinking about selling your Houston home? Most likely, you are going to have some competition. It may require a little work, but in the long run, a little work can get your house sold fast! Sunrise House Buyers TX has put together some great tips on how to set your home apart when you are ready to sell in Houston.
Address The Senses
Subconsciously, potential buyers will use all five senses in their decision on whether or not to make an offer on your home. Obviously, you will want the visual appearance to be impressive, but you will also want to think about what these potential buyers will hear, smell, taste, and touch.
- What they hear… play background music during open houses. If you live in a younger, trendy neighborhood, play something more current. If it is an older neighborhood, classical, big band and the standards can be a great choice.
- What they smell… you don’t want to overpower your home in fragrances. Some people can be sensitive to smells, and you don’t want to drive anyone away before they get to see your home. With that in mind, consider fragrances that are universally appealing. Everyone loves freshly baked bread or chocolate chip cookies. Or if you choose to use a candle or incense, keep in light and with a mild fragrance. Vanilla or Citrus are popular choices that won’t be too harsh on your guest’s noses.
- What they taste… as mentioned above, the smell of cookies or fresh bread is universally enticing. Maybe you coincidently have some cookies baking along with some other light but delicious hors d’oeuvres. People may not remember the color of your crown molding, but they will remember the best brownie they ever ate.
- What they touch… your potential buyers may not physically touch many items in the home, but the things they do touch should feel great. Think of the doorknobs, handles on cabinets, glasses, and faucet handles. These things should have a “good feel to them.” In addition, use a fluffy, luxurious throw blanket on the sofa. Add oversized feathered pillows to the bed, making it look beyond comfortable. Think of the touches you would find in a high-end hotel, and incorporate these things into your home.
Make it A Party Instead of Another Boring Open House
So many open houses are all the same. And the odds are, your potential buyers have been to a few of these already. Consider making it more of a BBQ by hosting it in the afternoon or cocktail party by hosting it in the evening. This will not only be memorable to your guests, but it will allow them to get a sense of what living in the home will really feel like.
Entertaining friends, serving great food, and creating so much fun within the home, that people don’t want to leave is a great way to sell your Houston home fast!
Focus on Your Curb Appeal
The exterior of your house will determine whether or not people even walk into your home. You’ve likely heard the phrase, “don’t judge a book by its cover,” but when it comes to home buying, this is often the case. This is your first impression and the first opportunity to make buyers fall in love with your home.
- Mow the lawn, weed the garden, and keep it regularly maintained.
- Paint if necessary. By doing the work yourself, you will save a ton of money and completely revitalize a worn out facade.
- Repair cracked sidewalks and porches and tend to any boards that may have popped up.
- Make sure the furniture is clean, rust free, and flows with the exterior of the home.
- Fix your fixtures. Mailbox, doorknobs, address numbers should all look clean and bold.
Don’t Take It Personal…
Yes, you want to make your home feel like a home…inviting and cozy. But if people come face to face with your Grand Canyon vacation pictures on the fridge, or see a stack of your paperwork on the desk, they are going to feel as if they are intruding. Pick up the clutter and personal items and hide it all away while buyers are in your home.
There is a simple way to sell your house without an agent in Houston TX and without the added commissions and time. Sell your Houston house to local house buyers like us and avoid going through an agent. This can help you get your house sold fast and efficiently. We are home cash buyers in Houston Texas and pay all closing costs, the offer you get is the offer you get (no hidden fees either). We make it simple and efficient to work with us. See if your home is a good fit for us to buy. Are you ready to sell your Houston home? Sunrise House Buyers TX can help with creative marketing techniques! Fill out this form to send us a message, or give our office a call today! 281-306-5191